11 Important life-lessons making us live a Happy and Content Life
Home Isolation Day 7
Celebrating my husband’s birthday in isolation gave me a chance to reflect on how we have evolved as humans and what we learned from each other. It’s a rare moment when we think about things we learned from a person whom we take for granted most of the time.
I wanted to write about this for a long but wasn’t sure about sharing things that are so personal and fundamental to us. But I thought these lessons might help someone to make a positive difference in their life… So, sharing about our philosophy here… a few important life lessons we learned together which created a major difference in the way we are leading our lives.
- Embracing Simplicity: This is mine, I am the simplest person you will find ever :P I don’t like to complicate things unnecessarily.
- Not comparing our lives with others: Our life is our life, doesn’t matter how successful others are, we are content with what we have. We both try to balance each other here.
- Don’t buy things you don’t need or you will never use: I sometimes make impulsive decisions for books but that’s okay. We don’t spend much on household things.
- Minimalism: Live by purpose, not by things. Ajinkya practices it to the extend that he doesn’t mind having only 10 things with him.
- Importance of simple, home food: If not for him, I would have not cooked at all :P
- Healthy habits: Excercise, mindful eating, only eating healthy food… seriously, he is trying to teach me that for a long time.
- Have the guts to live your life on your terms: Don’t come under influence of others. Do what you believe in. Taking ownership of your life and decisions is important.
- Don’t seek material pleasures, invest in experiences: He doesn’t let me buy gifts, rather he says let’s travel to an offbeat place together. Spend money on things you will remember forever.
- Take efforts on things you love and things you want to learn: He says, doesn’t matter how busy you are, always make time for doing things you love. Like running for him and reading for me. You will never find time from your work to pursue hobbies but you need to give importance to the things you always want to do. That will bring purpose, meaning and joy to your life. Since the time I have started following this, I started feeling more and more content with life.
- Consciousness and Mindfulness: No matter what you do, do it consciously. Thinking from all the perspectives.
- Always be authentic. Don’t you fake it ever!
Points 4–6 are specifically Ajinkya’s territories. I am not there yet but trying to learn. Living by these values made a significant difference in our life. Every person has his/her own value system and abiding by those values will ultimately decide what kind of life they live.
We are always one decision away from an entirely different life. We have only one life, live it fully!
Live, love, laugh…Be happy :)
Tonight, I am not sharing any references but sharing here my husband Ajinkya’s Instagram handle and YouTube Channel where he posts about travel, backpacking, trekking and health. Do check them out!